CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 3, 2012

Week One

Wow, I cannot believe that our first week of school is already finished! Today seemed to fly by! We started working on our story for next week in reading. This way the kiddos will have read the story one additional time. In case you were wondering... We will read our story on Mondays as a whole class, read it again for homework Monday nights, then on Tuesdays and Wednesdays we will be broken into small group for more focused instruction. We will test on Wednesdays over our story most of the time. There are two separate tests to take over the story, but I cannot be 100% sure when they will both be ready. We have been changing some things with AR, so we might not be taking AR tests for a couple of weeks. The AR programs are going to be available online at school. This opens up much more possibilities for AR in the classroom. **I will let you know when that changes.** After testing over the weekly story, each student will be given a leveled reader to read at home and in the classroom. Fridays they will be tested over it to assess comprehension. (This is an AR test... so it won't begin until AR is up and running) We went to the computer lab and practiced our typing skills today. I was very impressed with the students' typing abilities! They did a great job! We will be using the computers to complete spelling in third grade. I use Spellingcity.com to take pre-tests and post-tests. Monday mornings we will test over the weekly words. You can find the word lists by searching my name on spellingcity. :) Hopefully the students get rested up for a FULL week of school next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment